Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dirt Spanking



The Whole family and I went up to Duluth for the Dirt Spanker over the weekend.
Dad and I rode the course on Saturday at a nice pace just to learn the trail.
After a big breakfast and some time in the pool it was race time.
I was A bit nervous at the start looking up at the huge start climb.
I hit the climb first and led the women up the hill. I pushed it hard through the first lap never loosing contact with the two women that got around me. Coming in to the lap feed zone dad said that I was under a minute down and to toss my h2o bottle because he had another for me, tossed it and The James caught it as he cheered me on.
Pushing it as hard as I could and catching one of the gals I was chancing I came across the line !st in age group and 2nd overall...... It was a great race my third age group win and first in the top three.. Thanks to all that are helping me with my racing and training.

No comments: